Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Smart Chicks Kick It Tour!

So I had the privelage of attending the Smart Chicks Kick It Book Tour yesterday. The Smart Chick Tour is a tour of Young Adult authors, mainly of the supernatural genre, getting together and talking shop and readers trying to squeeze precious information out of our favorite authors! On the leg of the tour that I attended tonight the lovely Melissa Marr (The Wicked Lovelies series), Holly Black (White Cat; Geektastic), Kelley Armstrong (Otherworld series; Darkest Powers series), Cassandra Clare (The Mortal Instrument series), Sarah Rees Brennan (The Demon's Lexicon series), Alyson Noel (The Immortals series), and Kami Garcia and Margret Stohl (Beautiful Creatures, Beautiful Darkness)!!!

I of course was most excited to see Holly Black and Cassandra Clare, but the other wonderful ladies have swayed me into loving them and making me want to spend my next paycheck on all of their books!!

The panel was great and crazy exciting with swag flying every where at one moment and Holly Black running around the room with a mic for lighting round Q&A the next! The best part for me was the signing! I've never really have done a signing before unless you count the last time the wonderful Rachel Caine, author of the Morganville Vampire series, and I felt so bad because I haven't really read anything of hers except something in a Charlaine Harris anthology. But she was a gracious person and her signing was so much fun! She, by the way, will join the Smart Chicks later in the tour! But I digress, when it came to the signing I had my little poster for the girls to sign and my Cassie Clare books in tow. She was at the end of the line so I had to wait patiently while my lovely friend Cari (check out her blog she's has awesome giveaways and reviews!! It's really cool!) had the second half of her like twenty million books signed! The girls were here the night before in the Woodlands which is on the outskirts of Houston so Cari went there and then to the one tonight. So there she was, now I have been a HUGE fan of Cassie before the Mortal Instruments series from her fanfiction days, so I was psyched to meet her in person. She was great and fun to talk with and I actually got to fangirl about Simon with her! It was this fangirls' craziest dream come true! I loved it and how layed back she was. It was awesome and just fun all around! I can't wait for these ladies to come through town again!

To check out the site click here and see if they're gonna stop anywhere near you! The line up changes a little per city but the three constants are Kelley, Melissa, and Alyson. It's totally worth going to!!

I have pictures and as soon as I find a way to get them off my phone I will totally post them ASAP!!!

<3
~lydia

P.S: Links to these authors are in the side bar!! Check out their sites and read their books! They're awesome! Trust me! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment