Friday, January 7, 2011

Oh yeah. Resolutions. Right.

I've been informed by Lydia that I should write my resolutions here for the new year... The thing is, I haven't any! I completely suck at following through on anything. Always have been that way, actually. So here is what my resolution list will look like:

1. Make a resolution list.
2. Stick to it.
3. Find it again in a few months.
4. Promise to stick with it for the remainder of the year.
5. Lose it again.
6. Find it in the year 2012.
7. Use those resolutions for next year.
8. Rinse and repeat!

Okay, in all seriousness, I'll sit here and figure something out. My resolutions for 2011 are:

1. Lose weight. Honestly, this is on everyone's list. However, mine is more due to the fact that my father is very unhealthy with his weight and the fact that he smoked for 20+ years and is currently in failing health. Because of his weight, he can't maintain healthy amounts of oxygen and is in critical condition. So my goal is to become more healthy. I'm not in it to make myself "look better," because honestly, I can get over the fact that I'm a bit over weight. I am not, however, going to be 46 years old and have my health fail because of my weight. I just won't.

2. Begin writing again. I've failed at this for the last semester due to major research papers and whatnot that I have had to finish for grades. Now that I'm finished with college, I'll have more time to focus on things I want to do. I'm hoping to compile some poetry that I've completed into a small book and then start writing my short stories again.

3. Find a job. This one is a very short-term goal for 2011, seeing as I need a job within the next three weeks. But it's a very important and vital goal. I have to start paying off student loans. Yikes.

4. Speaking of student loans... my next goal would be to get a head start on that. I have broken it down that if I have to, I can make payments of $380 a month and have it paid off in 8 years. I'm shooting for 5 years. So I have to start soon.

5. Have enough money saved up to purchase an apartment and move to another state. I'm shooting for Washington (the Seattle/Tacoma area) or Illinois (the Chicagoland area).

That's really it. Or all I can think of while I'm sitting here at work. Enjoy and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment